Life's too short

Life's too short

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

"Words That Sell" Spices Up Your Etsy Listings

For those of you who sell your items on Etsy, Artfire, Ebay or even your own website, you know that sometimes it can be difficult to find just the right words to make your item sound enticing.  Or perhaps you are tired of using "cute" or "fabulous" on all of your items.

I found myself in the same situation, and wanted to see if I could spice up my listings and engage the buyer.  I wanted to draw them in and let them really feel or experience what it would be like to buy my items.  I began researching this topic and happened upon this book.  I have found it to be a very useful tool.  It is written with copywriters in mind, giving you lists of words for various subjects.  For example, there is a whole page of words under the title Fabulous.  Now I won't just have fabulous jewelery.  I might have something that is opulent, striking, unsurpassed, or even off the charts.

I know when I am rushing to get an item listed, I tend to just slap some words into the listing and get it posted, especiall when my creativity gene is still asleep.  With this handy reference tool by my side, I have thousands of words at my disposal, and I am ready to give my listing dramatic, spectacular and robust descriptions.

This book has received many great reviews on Amazon.   Check it out! 

1 comment:

  1. I hope that after awhile you will blog with a report of any noticeable changes from this.

    ReplyDelete